Kids Can Listen, Kids Can Move
Lynn Kleiner's teacher reference for encouraging young musicians to engage with and respond to classical music is our early years movement 'bible'.
The author suggests ideas which can be included in your music lessons as short segments of creative delights, fostering sensitive responses to classical music.
No movement or dance training required!
Suitable to both boys and girls.
Lynn Kleiner presents her creative ideas and stories for movement and percussion playing as she delights preschoool through primary age children with orchestral favourites.
Dance, create, march, trot, walk, skip, jump, hide, sleep, play instruments, come in, say goodbye. This book and CD will allow teachers and parents to capture children's interest in orchestral music for a lifetime.
The enclosed CD contains 25 tracks including:
- Sleigh Ride by Leroy Anderson
- Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
- Hungarian Dance No. 6 by Brahms
- The Wild Horseman by Schumann
- Selections from Tchaikovky's The Nutcracker
- Selections from Bizet's Carmen
- Selections from Saint-Saen's Carnival of the Animals
- Largo from Dvorak's New World
- Adagio from Brahs' Symphony No 1
- Theme and Variations from Haydn's Surprise Symphony