Move It 1 DVD & CD
Choreographed Expressive Movements to Classical Music
by Peggy Lyman Hayes & John Feierabend
This vibrant and innovative DVD, CD and guidebook contains everything you need to inspire students of any age to move to great classical music. Teaching young children and students of all ages the joy of moving to classical music!
Containing 20 works in a wide variety of styles, this is certain to appeal to early childhood specialists, elementary music teachers and dance educators. Every movement is demonstrated on the DVD, recorded on the CD for use in class, simply detailed in the illustrated guidebook, and features a projectable colourful background for performance.
The expressive movements reflect both the form and the expressive quality of the music, embodying John M. Feierabend's theories of music and movement development and Peggy Lyman's belief in the emotional power of gesture. Move It 1 is also perfect for use with senior citizens and the physically challenged.
Peggy Lyman is an acclaimed Principal Dancer for the Martha Graham repertory.
John M. Feierabend is considered one of the leading authorities on music and movement development.
- Prokofiev, Symphony No. 1
- Brahms, Waltz in A flat
- Satie, Trois Gymnopedie #1
- Respeghi, Ancient Airs and Dances Suite No. 3 ‘Siciliana’
- Prokofiev, Lt Kije Suite, Op. 60
- Saint-Seans, Carnival of the Animals ‘Aquarium’
- Dvorak, Humoresque
- Saint-Seans, Carnival of the Animals ‘Swans’
- Chopin, Minute Waltz
- Beethoven, Bagatelle ‘Fur Elise’
- Schumann, Traumerei
- Kabalevsky, The Comedians ‘Pantomime’
- Grieg, Peer Gynt Suite ‘Anitra’s Dance’
- Beethoven, Minuet in G
- Bach, Concerto in E Major, BWV 1042 ‘Allegro Assai’
- Rameau, Suite and Dances ‘Premiere et deuxieme’
- Rubinstein, Melody in F
- Kreisler, HLiebesfreud
- Mozart, Sonata in A Major K.331
- Prokofiev, Romeo and Juliet Suite No. 2 Op 48b