Move It 2 DVD & CD
Choreographed Expressive Movements to Classical Music
by Peggy Lyman Hayes & John Feierabend
This vibrant and innovative DVD, CD and guidebook contains everything you need to inspire students of any age to move to great classical music. approach to teaching young children and students of all ages the joy of moving to classical music!
Containing 23 works in a wide variety of styles, this is certain to appeal to early childhood specialists, elementary music teachers and dance educators. Every movement is demonstrated on the DVD, recorded on the CD for use in class, simply detailed in the illustrated guidebook, and features a projectable colourful background for performance.
The expressive movements reflect both the form and the expressive quality of the music, embodying John M. Feierabend's theories of music and movement development and Peggy Lyman's belief int he emotional power of gesture. Move It 2 is also perfect for use with senior citizens and the physically challenged.
Peggy Lyman is an acclaimed Principal Dancer for the Martha Graham repertory.
John M. Feierabend is considered one of the leading authorities on music and movement development.
- Schumann, Kinderszenen, Op.15
- Delibes, Sylvia
- Faure, Pelleas and Melisande
- Beethoven, Six Ecossaises No. 1
- Haydn, Sympohny No. 94, Mvt 2
- Rachmaninoff, Italian Polka
- Mozart, 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik'
- Bach, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
- Brahmns, Hungarian Dances, No. 5
- Bizet, L'Arlesienne Suite, No. 1
- Tchaikovsky, Sleeping Beauty, Op.66
- Bizet, Carmen Suite, No. 1
- Bach, Partita No. 3 in E Major
- Prokofiev, Peter and the Wolf, Op. 67
- Vivaldi, Gloria in D, RV 589
- Gliere, The Red Poppy
- Boccherini, String quintet in E,Op. 13, No. 5
- Grieg, 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' Op. 46 No. 1
- Orff, Camina Burana
- Bach, Suite No. 2 in b minor
- Gounod, Funeral March of the Marionette
- Khachaturian, Gayane Suite, No. 3
- Soldier's Joy (traditional)