Peer Gynt Suite – In The Hall Of The Mountain King
Digital Listening and Responding – Beginner and Intermediate Levels
Provided as a pdf, this digital resource may be stored in your login area on our website and also downloaded.
- Photocopiable A4 Worksheets x 3
- Listening Map
- Teacher Notes and Lesson Plans
- Youtube suggestion to watch an orchestral performance
- Piano Audio Recording of the main theme
- Audio Recording of an Orchestral Performance
- Listen & Move video to inspire Creative Movement in your classroom… see video segment below. It supports the implementation of the creative movement lessons where students enjoy the physical ‘playing out’ of Peer’s adventure.
Our Compositional Elements diagram is used as a point of reference for In the Hall of the Mountain King as students focus on Rhythm, Form and Dynamics.
The activities are targeted to beginner (early Primary/Elementary) level through to intermediate (mid to upper Primary/Elementary) level and are designed to be used over several lessons where the students revisit the recording.